Here’s a new way to bring everything you love about a campfire favorite — the chocolate and toasty marshmallows combined with apples (which happens to be best season for going out and picking your own) into one comforting recipe that will have your whole family wanting s’more. This mash-up treat combines everything you love about fudgy, dark chocolate, gooey, torched s’mores and the tartness of the apples — no campfire required.
This quick and healthy recipe is not only tasty but fitting for this amazing fall weather. The total prep time is about 10-15 minutes. Keep reading to find out how to make this simple, tasty treat for you and your family to enjoy.
- 8 marshmallows
- 2 Granny Smith apples, thinly sliced and cored
- 4 squares Hershey’s dark chocolate
- Baking Sheet
- Place the marshmallows on the baking sheet.
- Stick the baking sheet on a rack right underneath the broiler. Keep the door open and watch it carefully. Rotate the pan as necessary and brown the marshmallows to your desired color. Toast marshmallows until golden for about 15-30 seconds.
- Cut the apples into a circular shape and begin to assemble the sandwich s’mores: top one apple slice with a Hershey’s dark chocolate square and two toasted marshmallows. Top with a second apple slice.
- Repeat to make four apple s’mores.
This healthier version of the traditional s’mores adds fun and flavor to joyous times with family and friends. S’mores are the ultimate complement to any gathering indoor and out! So, kick back next to a campfire, fireplace, or even your sofa and enjoy this delicious treat, one s’more at a time. Happy Fall!